Nov 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Boy Who Will Always Be My Baby!

I am still working wicked crazy hours and usually have no clue what day of the week it actually is.  I have been working a turnaround for a month now and am super grateful just to have Sunday's off.  I still have at least a month to go, but as things slow down a bit here in scheduleville, I am going to start blogging again on a more regular basis.

That being said, there is no way I could forget what today is.  Christian Aaron is 4 today!  My little cowboy, ninja, bottomless pit is a big boy (if you ask him, he's a MAN).  And, assuming God does not have any more tricks up his sleeve, he will be my last baby.




Christian,

I can't think of the words to tell you how much you have added to my life.  The laughter and the yelling; the running and the asthma; the joy and the fear.  You have given me so many stories to torment you with as you get older.  I will forever be grateful for the year I was able to spend at home the year you were born.  To watch you grow, to teach you, to love you, to keep you safe. 

You started your journey into this world giving me untold grief through months of morning sickness, resting on my sciatic nerve, and never letting me sleep.  When you finally arrived you gave us a huge scare through a plumeting heart rate with each contraction.  When you came soon after it was discovered your umbilical cord was wrapped twice around your neck.  I guess even during the process of being born, you just couldn't sit still.  You came home from the hospital wearing the same clothes your daddy came home in, and someday (assuming you marry someone who loves your mommy and will humor your ol' mom) your son will too.

Yesterday you nearly made mommy cry when you carried your blanket around that you were wrapped in at the hospital.  Well, that and and harley hankie (there is no doubt you are a Smith).  The suprising thing about this is you have never been a blankie, lovie, etc. child.  Tucking you into that blanket last night with your long legs and feet poking out made me miss the days the blanket was twice as big as you.

So, my son, my baby, my Bubbalicious...I love you always and Happy Birthday big Man!

Love,
Mama


No comments: