Nov 21, 2009

Why Do I Blog?

Being new to the blog world I don't get this question very often (at least not seriouly).  Some of my freinds (mainly of the male variety) when they find out I have one they usually ask "WHY?" in a fairly incredulous tone.  When I first told Clint..."uhm...ok".  I am sometimes pleased and sometimes freaked out that he now actually reads everyting I write.

The reason I started this blog is I was bored I really need a way to express myself.  By nature I am an extremely quiet person around most people.  I tend to only open up when I am drunk only to those closest to me, and sometimes I still don't let those people all the way in.  I don't know if it is a fear or a result of the way I was raised but I tend to be overly critical of myself and worried what other people won't "get me".  Every day On occasion I can have a conversation with someone and come away thinking what I said in no way came out the way it was in my head.  Despite not blogging with anonymity, I have the comfort of knowing that most people who read my blog don't know me (and therefore I cannot be subjected to thier judgy glares my insecuirties).  The people who I do know in person who ready my blog, I'm ok with...they are in my "circle". 

My husband says its a way for him to know what is going on inside my head when I am quiet (ALL The TIME).   Even with hime I have trouble expessing how I am feeling.  Blogging has actually improved the communication in our marriage!  If he reads something that needs to be touched on, he can bring up that he read about blah, blah, blah.  Since he already has an insight into whats going on in my demented mind, I feel more comfortable talking about it.

A new reason has recently been more and more in my mind.  In reading others blogs I find the solidarity of those supporting others in their lives.  A support system.  People all over the country their for each other even if they have never come face to face.  Sharing their experiences through happiness, trauma, and sorrow.  In just the past two weeks I have come across several different sights relating the stories and garning awareness for two separate families.  I want to be a part of that circle!

3 comments:

ModernMom said...

You started blogging for many of the same reasons I did. One big difference, as far as I know, no one but my Hubby knows I blog! I feel pretty free t speak my mind about just about everything. LOL

Glad you stopped by to say hello and thanks for the kind words.
I'm your newest follower!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'm a quiet person by nature too, but usually don't have any trouble chatting my husband's head off! LOL. But, still, there are things I keep inside and knowing that he's reading it is helpful.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

it is an amazing community! i am also glad to a part of such a wonderful bunch of folks!