Mar 19, 2010

Left Cheek or Right?

All right,  which one of you is responsible for giving me the funk.  I know it could not be my precious angel children that would pass on some school yard bacteria.  I sit here now with a splitting headache a sore throat and wheezing.  On the day I had planned to be off work, going to the dentist, getting a massage free of charge thanks to a gift certificate (Thanks Ed), and shopping for a killer pair of strappy sandals to take my family pictures in.  But noooooo.  I am here at home, catching up on my DVR, trying not to cough my lungs out of my chest, and weeping over the repeated $25 co-pays being deducted from by bank account.  Seriously, from the duration of the past 2 and a half weeks, we are nearing $400.  After my sons allergies, asthma, and now an ear infection, I just couldn't stay healthy myself.  UHHHHHH!

I guess the one thing sticking in my mind over the whole sickly ordeal is having to get a shot in my bum yesterday.  When the nurse walks in she asked me which cheek.  Left or Right.

(*crickets)

Right it is then.

Is there a correct answer to this question?  I don't sit on one side more than the other, kinda not how this sitting thing works.  Then again I thought maybe someone might answer:

"You better stick me on the left.  The right is the side my husband prefers to smack me on"

13 comments:

MiMi said...

You totally should have said that! LOL!
I didn't give it to ya, I would have given you the pukes, cuz that's what we had. Ugh.

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

Oh NO! I hope you feel better soon so you can continue with your wonderful plans!!

And copays are THE WORST. Ours is $40! Seriously, when my daughter complains of her ear hurting I beg her to tell me she's kidding. I just hear those dollars signs cha-chinging away.

Erin said...

I hear ya on the co-pays. I'm ready for spring. It seems like we're all sicker in the winter months.

On another note, how's your tush? Are you sore from the shot?!!

cory said...

wow 400 fat ones.

which cheek? so funny1

Kiera said...

shoot under hubbys name. cory is me, kiera :)

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

who does have a butt cheek preference? not i

Zack T. said...

For sure. You don't want a shot on the cheek your hubby slaps you on... :-) What a question to ask. But I"m sure over the years it's been a valid question for some...

sandandstarfish said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm just getting over said "funk." Hopefully that left cheek sucked those meds in real good and you'll get better soon :) And then it's off to get the massage you truly deserve!

RN Mama said...

Um, no, there isn't a correct answer to that question! What a dumb question. I've been a nurse for 9 years and I've given a lot of shots in the bum, and never once have I asked that question!

Feel better soon!!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Ugh. Hope you feel better soon!

Tracie said...

I'm laughing at what you should have said! I hope you feel better soon.

Amy said...

YOU SOOOO SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT!

What an odd question! I think you're just asking for a smart ass reply if you ask something so ridiculous!

I hope you all are feeling better!