Mar 18, 2010

Sex Talk - Puppy Style

I hadn't intended to post a blog today.  That was until I check my e-mail.  I had one from a friend telling me how her weekend went.  That poor, poor mama.  She's got some explaining to do.

Margaret was spending the weekend with her Grandma and Grandpa.  Now, Grandma and Grandpa have 2 little dogs.  One is male, the other female.  They have already had 2 litters of puppies and the female was showing signs of going into heat again.  So, no wanting anymore pups, they separated the dogs.  Feefee* was outside and Butch stayed in.  Problem averted.

Sunday, Grandma needed to run to the store.  It was at this point that Margaret became desperate to go outside and play with Feefee.  Well, little 5 year old girls don't understand the way to get out the door while keeping a hyper, determined little horny dog inside.  He high tailed it right to Feefee and got down to business.  For 30-45 minutes!

Margaret was flipping out not understanding what was going on.  Our wide Grandpa decided to be open and honest with Margaret when she asked what was going on.  "Well...that is how babies are made."  Her wide eyed response, "I never see mom and dad bump butts!"  Did I mention to you all Margaret's mama is pregnant?  Grandpa "Well, I think you need to talk to your mother when you get home."

I am not sure I how I would have answered the question, but you can bet money one of my dogs would be in a kennel.  Not that it matters since both of mine are fixed.  Now, mommy gets to have an awkward sex talk with her 5 year old about how babies are made know that she already has a mental image.

*Names have been changed to protect innocent canines.

10 comments:

Salt said...

I think I would have been scarred for life if I were your daughter. My mom didn't have to have that talk with me until I was like 12.

Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

You're pregnant? Congrats! :-)

Cara Smith said...

Sorry everyone, I wasn't real clear at the top. This is not me. It was in an e-mail from a friend of mine relaying her story.

sandandstarfish said...

oh my goodness! i couldn't and can't imagine trying to sit my daughter down and explain any of that to her when she's that young. totally knocking on wood all day now to make sure I don't have to have that talk with her!

shortmama said...

Yeah thats one way I wouldnt want to be forced into the sex talk!!

Tracie said...

Boy Howdy, I wouldn't want to be Margaret. I keep putting off having "The Talk" althought it's waaaay past time.

Kiera said...

just yesterday there were polar bears at the zoo doing it. it was really rather disturning!

Llama said...

HAHA! That is hysterical...for you though...not-so-much! You poor thing! I can dread having to have that convo with my future kids! We all know it is inevitable...but not sure you want to do it this way! You poor thing!
:)

Zack T. said...

Ackkkkkkward! But grandma and grandpa handled it well.. they punted the ball. Way to go.

RN Mama said...

It's a good thing babies aren't made by bumping butts!