Mar 29, 2010

Video Monday Makin' Momma Proud

Angelique participated in her very first karate tournament over the weekend.  The school we attend hosted the event and competition was handled in a very positive manner.  Angelique competed in kata, which is a set sequence of karate moves organized into a pre-arranged fight against imaginary opponents (thank you wikipedia) which she earned 2nd place in her age group and in pinning where she took 1st place.



 
I am so proud of all the effort and practice she put in.  Ironically, I am now looking forward to her not winning so I can show her how proud I am of her then too!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Bless her heart! Isn't she the sweetest! I took karate when I was young (but not as young as her) and remember my first kata, too! I think I made it to green belt...Congrats! You must be so proud!

MiMi said...

All I can think is how cute the look in their little white outfits! Lame, I know.

Salt said...

Wow! Your daughter is hardcore! (And adorable!)
I'd be a proud mom too. :)

I wish my parents had let me take karate when I was younger.

Ian said...

I can't see a damn thing. Damn work filters :( Will check er out later!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

So sweet! Congrats to her!

JennyMac said...

She is SO cute. Bravo to you little girl!

sandandstarfish said...

I know what I'm signing gck-1 for once she's old enough!

The Blue Zoo said...

That is just too cute! She looks adorable... and tough too.

RN Mama said...

Omg. I don't think I could ever let my daughter's do this, my older daughter would surely be injured before she even stepped foot on the mat:)

Your daughter is precious, and I loved watching the video!