Apr 6, 2010

7 Things?

It appears I have been given an award from one of these meme things.  Thank you Zack over at Zack's Hot Tub


So the rules go 7 things about your self blah, blah 7 people you want to join you in this.  A few of you have already done it, so those of you left feel free.  Or feel free to ignore me too.  Your choice!

Here goes...

1.  I am afraid of ducks.  Seriously!  When I was about 15, I took my 4 yr old brother to feed the ducks at a pond in our neighborhood.  They started chasing him when he ran out of bread, and me after I managed to scoop him up trying to peck at my legs.  They still freak me out to this day!

(This had me completely freaked out)

2.  I am very quiet until I have had a few drinks, then I will talk your ear off and you will know all the things about me that I worry people will judge me about.

3.  I am the oldest child of 6 (biologically - though none full) plus 1 step- its actually more than that now, but I stopped counting additional siblings after I was grown.

4. I like to sew, but I haven't had the time to do much in several years.

5.  I met my husband the first time when I was 12 at a dance at a campground where we danced together and then ended up complaining to the same person (we didn't know that we both knew this person) that we had danced with someone who didn't know how to 2-step - who knew there were so many ways to do the same dance.

6.  I am a chipaholic.  Salty snacks are my vice.

7.  I hate shopping!  At least for myself.  I end up frustrated and give up most times.

8 comments:

Tracie said...

I like to sew, too. I gave it up when the bloggin obsession took over my life. I really miss my machine - and my fabric, too.

Salt said...

I am PETRIFIED of birds. Mostly geese and sometimes ducks. Those things can be evil!!

Iva said...

I LOVE to sew too!! and I am funny about ducks too...sometimes I get nervous around them and other times they dont bug me....usually I think it depends on how many are around me? hmmm. {I like salt too....maybe a bit too much lol!!}

Llama said...

Chip and dip pllleaaaseee?!?!?!! Ohhhh that is my weakness! URgh!
p.s. totally with you on the ducks!

MiMi said...

I know why you are afraid of ducks. One time you must have seen a boy duck and a girl duck going at it.
It looks like a gang bang. Seriously.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I love chips too! Great list.

Zack T. said...

Ducks huh. Yep sometimes things like that can freak a person out. Great list. Now we wanna hear the other stuff - too bad we can't pass some beer through these Interwebs....

Alyssa said...

Cara, I understand your fear of ducks. We have ducks and geese near us and have had to forbid my daughter from ever trying to feed them. The geese are absolutely aggressive, worse than the ducks, so carrying bread to toss in the water is out of the question. Great post!