Apr 16, 2010

Breakin' Up is Hard to Do

This is an old one that I never publihed.

Damn...now I have that song stuck in my head.

 I figure I've been a bit on the boring, downer side here lately, so hopefully I can turn it around a bit today.  I've been messing around with my blog design and even figured out how to make a button, so grab it and show me you love me!  I've been lazy, but I promise I am coming to get yours too.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, this is not a current story...just a blast from the past.

Prior to the hubs, I was the veritable Break-up Queen.  You piss me off, I'm out the door.  The boyfriend before my dear hubby Clint, we will call him BM was persistent to say the least.  We worked together, so breaking off the relationship was so much harder when I could feel his eyes boring a hole in the back of my head from the register behind me.

I think the reason the relationship lasted just shy of 3 years was every time we (I) broke up, he would not go away, or just wouldn't let me leave where I was.  Once he even stayed in my car for 2 hours until I agreed that we were not broken up, just on a break.  Like on Friends.  Ironically it turned out about the same for BM and I as it did for Rachel and Ross but with the roles reversed.  The only thing that ended that nauseating pattern was immediately jumping into bed with starting a new relationship with the man I would end up marrying.

You want to know what the bestest excuse I ever used for ending a breakup fight with him was...I'm sorry, I gotta go home for dinner.  My mom's expecting me and she made tacos.  I would much rather eat tacos with my crazy family than continue this conversation.  That got some blood boiling.  I kind of have a knack for saying something that pisses people off at just the right time.

We will discuss BM a bit more when I finally get my Story of Us together.

8 comments:

MiMi said...

THAT is hilarious!
"Oh, I have to go now cuz my mom made tacos." LOL!

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

I am so using the mom made tacos line as soon as humanly possible. And as a matter of fact, I am going to teach my kids to use that one, too.

Zack T. said...

Ha ha BM sounds like a leech of some kind... break ups are hard. Just broke up after 6 yrs earlier this year. I had to break it off - well we both felt it was right - so it hasn't been bad. Miss the companionship though...

Hey it looks nice on your blog... nice work.

RN Mama said...

Omg! That is freakin hilarious that you said you had to go because you had to go home to eat tacos! I love it:)

Tracie said...

My husband used to do that kind of stuff to me when we were dating. I was always trying to break up with him. He finally wore me down and here we are 100 years later.

Alyssa said...

Ha! And they say mommy bloggers only talk about poop! This will show them!

(always)alanna said...

haha.. too funny.
hope you took advantage of some of the free goodies restaurants sponsored on tax day? :)
xx

Erin said...

tacos, huh? wish i'd have known that line back in the day. LOL!