Apr 13, 2010

A Case of the Mondays - Swapping makes it Better

Yesterday was a Monday.  And I mean that in a string of expletives fashion.  It seemed like nothing was going my way.  All the factors for a no good, very bad day were lining up just perfectly.

  1. No sleep - check
  2. Getting up and going to work at 3:30 am - check
  3. Allergies going bazonkers - check
  4. Boss who needs this report NOW before a 6 am Monday meeting.
  5. Packed the breakfast sausage left overs instead of turkey burgers for lunch - check
  6. Finish preparing taxes - owe tons - check
  7. Taking little man to the dentist for his first (and better be the last) filling - check
But a little light flickered on in my dim mind when I arrive home to find this wonderful package on my door step.  It is from Tenny at Simply A Mom.  This wonderful swap hosted by shortmama at Family of Shorts has brightened my day before I even have to fight my kids to be able to open my own damn mail.

After the kids are ushered outside - because they are bugging me need some fresh air, I got to ogle my pretty new things.



So many wonderful things.  In the back there is a tote that is the perfect size for a beach towel and a book.  A chic photo album that very well may encourage me to print some of my bazillion digital photos.  The mango body butter and kiwi candle are awesome scents that I love.  And the kids and I are sure to have fun decorating the green and pink paper lanterns.  The water bottle is something I have been meaning to buy and now I don't have to.  I actually have been using my cup from the hospital (you know the massive one they leave in your room when you have a kid).  Now I can look a bit more up to date, and I love that there is a drinking spout lid.  There are also 3 books and a photo book mark that are sure to take residence in the above mentioned tote:  Life, Libby and the Pursuit of Happiness, Flies in the Butter and Whispers of Encouragement for Mom.


I have a feeling this will end up on my nightstand.

Now, my absolutely favy-fave thing that Tenny sent...


This cup is rockin' my day (I already used it for my herbal tea last night).  It says Mercy peace and love be yours in abundance.  And the combination of chocolate and caramel cannot be beat.  It is my one true candy weakness.

15 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Chocolate and caramel? I'm coming over, stat!

Kerianne said...

Mmmmm. Chocolate! And you can wash it down with a cold drink from your new bottle! Very fun package!

April E. :) said...

That's a great swap package!!! Too fun!

Salt said...

Ok that's it. Next time I'm participating in a swap. They always look like so much fun and I love getting stuff in the mail! Your package was awesome!!

My allergies have been in full force also. My face feels your pain.

MiMi said...

OMG, Look at your score! That's so awesome! :)
I love swaps. LOVE. :)

Pam Ponder said...

you got some really great things, this swap was so fun I can't wait until the next one!!

shortmama said...

Ok showing a dieting woman those chocolates is just plain mean! LOL You got great goodies!

Symply Me said...

And now, I'm salivating. Luckily, I have some of those chocolate caramel wonders on hand, so I think you've inspired me to indulge! Awesome package!

Erin said...

You got some great things! She did a great job shoppinig for you!

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

HOly Cow Bells! You made out like a bandit, girl! Fun swap! I'm enjoying seeing everyones goodies.

Evelyn Perkins said...

Chocolate AND books?! Perfect!! Yea for swapping!

Tenny Kusuma said...

Glad you like it!!! I LOVE mine too. It's been fun swapping with you.

Mamarazzi said...

don't ya just love the way a little good mail can brighten your day!?

love all the good stuff you got esp the book, a must for the nightstand indeed!

i am going to host a Red, White and Blue swap again this Summer, you should come and play! I am also giving away a $25 Target gift card on my blog come enter!

Vodka Logic said...

Love the mug too... but I'm going to use if for coffee. K?

Kelley said...

Oh yeah! another great package and the choclate/carmels has my stomach growling!