Apr 8, 2010

I Can't Even Let My Kids Listen to The Radio!

Role Model Material???

I am a lover of all different kinds of music.  I could not tell you what my fav genre is.  To say my Ipod is ecclectic would be an understatement.  It is more likely confused at all the things that are mixed up in there.  I just love music.

There is rarely a time when the radio is off in the car and when cleaning at home the TV is usually set to the 80's hair band channel on satelite radio.

I determined, after my daughter came home singing something inappropriate that she heard on a pop station (like Lady Gaga or Ke$ha) that we needed to switch the station to something country in the car when the kids were with us.

Last night, I discovered that I was wrong in that assumption.  My 4 year old son was lying in bed, avoiding sleep and singing "Save a horse, ride a cowboy"

Nice!

I am thinking I may need to create a strictly child approved playlist for my kids spongy brains to listen too in the vehicle.

I just love his little feet haning off the bed, and had to take a picture.

11 comments:

MiMi said...

Oh, what cute lil tootsies!
Yes, country can be bad too, right?! I can't even believe the stuff they say in their songs sometimes. And I never really REALLY hear it until I hear my little boys repeat it.
Dude. When I clean house I have 80's hairband channel on too! :)

Zack T. said...

You probably should create one but then again, they're going to hear it at some point... But i can understand where you're coming from.

The Harrell Family Adventures said...

It's Called Radio DIsney on XM :)

Erin said...

I mostly let my kids listen to "their" music, but when I am listening to Lady GaGa, I should probably sensor a bit more...oops. Bad mommy!

ModernMom said...

Lyrics are so scary these days! I loved explaining some of Katy Perrys poetry:)!! Or James Blunt cursing. Times have changed eh?

Yankee Girl said...

The radio plays a ton of stuff that isn't child appropriate! A play list is a good idea, expecially since there is a ton of music out there that they can listen to that doesn't include Disney stuff or nursery rhymes.

Amy said...

Oh My! That is so funny Cara! The image of your little guy singing that song cracks me up!
But I can also see your frustration.

And what is up with that Ke$ha???
She annoys the ever living crap out of me!

Salt said...

I love the kid's playlist idea! You're absolutely right...so much of the stuff that is on the radio nowadays is so NOT child appropriate.

Although I don't consider Ke$ha to be ANYONE appropriate. Though I do love me some Gaga. :)

Tracie said...

I cringe at some of the stuff my kids come home singing. They hear it on the bus. I yi yi.

RN Mama said...

Hey, save a horse ride a cowboy is a good song! :)

My kids only listen to Radio Disney or XM kids. They do play a lot of popular songs on radio disney, but some of the lyrics are altered to be more "kid friendly."

CJ Sime said...

I need to do a better job censoring what my daughter hears. I admit she knows more words to "All the Single Ladies" than I do.