May 18, 2010

I Am A Crappy Party Planner

I have been a bad blogger. I got awarded then abandoned my blog. I really tried to keep up with all of you for a while, but alas, even that fell by the wayside. I won't make excuses for my bad behavior, other than life just got in the way. We are gearing up for a busy summer, so I won't lie to you all and say it won't happen again, but hopefully I will be soooo excited about all our adventures that I won't be able to wait to share them will you!

It is not only you, my bloggy friends, that I feel like I have been neglecting, by my live in person friends as well. You see, I have 3 great friends with birthdays in May. We will call them L, R and S. L and R are turning 30, so big deal celebration, right? I mean they took me to Austin to have a huge blowout bash. So, what are you going to do for these great friends you may ask. Not as much as I would like to. There are a few barriers in the way.

1. We are going camping Memorial Weekend (with the kiddos) and renting cabins as a group, so the money we would have spent on a party for them is going toward this trip.

2. L is preggo with twins, so no bars or drinking for her.

3. S is married to L so he's on a tight leash.

So here's what we are doing. We all went out for lunch last weekend for L's B-day. We are going out to a concert (Stoney LaRue) on Friday for R's B-day, and we are trying to get the whole crew together to BBQ and swim on Saturday. I am also taking R to get her nails done on Friday.

I feel pretty lame in the party planning department (especially considering most of what we are doing was not my idea). What to you all think? Do you have any ideas I can claim as my own? Only R will know the truth because she reads my blog. Hi R...you ready for mani pedi pampering on Friday?

9 comments:

MiMi said...

Girl, don't sweat it!
Blogging is very unimportant in the scheme of things and your friends understand about the b-day too! It sounds like lots of fun!

The Harrell Family Adventures said...

With L having twins and S married to L, she can just join in on our 33rd bash.. and R is going to have a blast going out on Friday.. and since L can't really go then R is going to join in on our 33rd(ish) bash :)

If anything else then.. let me think.. :)

love ya timon!

Salt said...

Well you guys already have that vacay planned so I'm sure they will understand! Maybe plan a little birthday something or other while you are on the trip? I think everything else sounds great!

And don't sweat it! You know your bloggy friends will still be around when you get back. :)

Erin said...

Please give your friend who is pregnant w/ twins my info if she wants to talk!!

Have a great time on your trip. Just enjoy it and try not to worry so much. Manis/pedis sound great to me. Or maybe brunch somewhere. Or you could bake some yummy stuff!

shortmama said...

I think your plans sound great. Id kill for a pedi right now!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think the BBQ thing sounds great. I love the laid back atmosphere - good friends and good food. Those who can drink can have a drink if they'd like....

ModernMom said...

Oh I think it all sounds great..just think cake, everyone loves the girl who brings the cake:)

Alyssa said...

That camping trip sounds like a whole lot of fun! The birthday ideas sound pretty good, too. Seems like being with friends should be an important part of that thirtieth celebration.
That, and chocolate. (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Enjoy! And happy birthday, R!

Pam Ponder said...

IT HAPPENS..life has a way of doing that...summer is such a busy time anyway there are probably alot of people that will be be neglecting..:-) if you lived in Missouri I have a cabin on the lake ..no cost to stay...Thats where we are going for Memorial weekend!!!Have fun with all your birthday celebrations sounds like you'll be busy but having fun!!