Jun 15, 2010

Cara Has Crabs!

This is what I heard all weekend long.  From the kids, my dear hubby, friends, and even at church!

Why, oh why, would the people I care about go around in public making this declaration?

Because I had a crab...but it was funnier to say it in the plural.

We went out on the water this weekend.  A little wakeboarding and playing on FIL's new supercharged jet ski (that thing boogies!)

To get back in the boat from the jet ski, I just dove into the water.  While sitting back in the boat, talking and just hanging out, I start to feel this little stinging on my side.  Almost like a little bee sting. 

The fist time I thought I was imagining something.  The second time was, "What the hell is that?!"  I pulled out the side of my tankini top and out drops this little fellow.



The kids decided to keep him and put him in an empty Dr. Pepper bottle with some of the lake water.  He survived the weekend.  Even after the kids switched out his brackish water (combination of fresh and salt water) for water from the sink. 

Sunday afternoon he was released back into the creek.

So, I guess I really can say now that I have had crab(s).

12 comments:

Ian said...

BAHAHA greatest blog post title ever

VandyJ said...

At least it was the easy to get rid of variety.

Salt said...

I saw this title in my reader and was like SAY WHAT!?!?! Best ever!

That little crab is so cute, but it would probably really freak me out if he were in my swimsuit. I'm glad he lived to be released back into the creek!

shortmama said...

I want to catch a crab now just so I can say I had crabs!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

What a cutie! He's so tiny!

Alyssa said...

Cara, I can't catch crab(s) by reading, can I?

Funny post! But, seriously, I'm leaving now...just in case...

Erin said...

what a cute, tiny little guy! glad you guys released him back into the creek. sweet!

Amy said...

cute little fella;)

MiMi said...

How sad that I actually want to get a crab so I can name a post title that.

ModernMom said...

Ummm Youch! One more reason to stick to pools:)

Yankee Girl said...

I would have gone berserk if I found that guy in my swim top. Crawling things and I do not get along.

Good thing he was in your top and not, you know, somewhere else....

Eternally Distracted said...

It's much better to have had crab(s) than to have them... then again it's better to have never had them at all!