Jun 8, 2010

Playing Catchup

We have so much going on lately, that I have missed sharing some of our great experiences with all of you.  All the way back to May 27th.  I know, I am bad.  So today I am going to catch you all up on random little tidbits that have been exciting my world.

May 27th

Both the kiddos had a belt test (karate) scheduled for that week.  Christian's was Thursday at 5:15 and Angelique's Friday at 6:00.  Problem, we were going out of town for Memorial Day Weekend and leaving Friday morning.  Angelique's school (they go to different locations since the one closer to our house doesn't have a preschool) graciously agreed to test her on Thursday at 4:30.  It was a struggle to get to the other school in 15 minutes, but we made it.  We couldn't be prouder of our Green Belt and Tiny Tiger Yellow Belt.  I think it was all Christian talked about for a week.  And that kid talks...a lot!



June 1st / 2nd

As soon as we got back from our fun River Trip it was time for the end of the year festivities for miss Leaky.  Tuesday was the end of the year Pizza / Class Party and Wednesday was the Poetry Celebration / 1st Grade Assembly (note to administrators - make it easier on us working parents and do these things on the same day).  Since there was no way for me to possible take off 2 days of work, I went in super early on Wednesday to go to the Poetry Celebration.  It was a ton of fun to see all the kids read their original poetry.  I tried to video Angelique's reading, but she started reading before she got in front of the class and was walking before she was done again.  My pictures didn't turn out very well either.  But super duper congrats to my baby big now 2nd grade girl.

June 5th

We got off for the evening when Clint's mom decided to watch the kids overnight.  So I managed to drag Clint away from his laptop and we joined Crew over at Johnnie's new house.  We were early, so we helped paint the first coat of primer in the living room.  With the work out of the way we grabbed a few drinks, barbecued chicken and played in the pool.  Apparently, the only reason I should do energy drinks in not just that they keep me up for ever, they also make me channel my chatterbox son.  And to anyone who knows me, that is way out of my norm.

June 8th

Yep, that's today.  JennyMac at Lets Have a Cocktail is hosting this amazing giveaway for Bubble Beach Bags.  These things are super cute and deflatable.  I wonder if this means they will float too - you never know when the tide will come in - unless you pay attention to that stuff.

12 comments:

Cara Smith said...

Whoops...the kids correct me on this all the time. It's a gold belt, not yellow.

Salt said...

Christian looks so intense about his belt! Congratulations to the both of them!

Sounds like a lot of fun stuff going on! Oh and I can't drink energy drinks at all. They turn me into a raving lunatic. (Moreso than I already am.)

Erin said...

COngrats to your karate masters! I took karate when I was little too and loved it. I think I got up to a green belt and still remember some of my first kata!

;-)

heading over to Jenny Mac's now!

jessalyn said...

omg kiddos= the cutest little karate kids ever!!

also, if i have energy drinks- i don't sleep for like a week...

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Congrats on the new belts! Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging, huh? ;-)

MiMi said...

Omagosh, those are the CUTEST little karate peeps ever! Are you gonna take em to see the new Karate Kid?

JennyMac said...

Congrats to the cutest green and yellow belts of all time.

And good luck in the contest!

shortmama said...

Congrats to both of them on their new belts! I tried to convince my oldest to take Karate so she can kick booty but she wasnt interested

SurferWife said...

They are so stinkin' cute!! Jason used to do karate and I loved it!

ModernMom said...

Oh My gosh they are all too cute!

Oh and the energy drinks. Have to admit I love em!

RN Mama said...

Ohmygosh! The kids are so cute in their karate outfits. Or are they uniforms? Oh well, they're totally adorable!!

Eternally Distracted said...

Oh, I always thought it was a yellow belt too?!! I always wanted to be a ballerina but my Granny sent me to Karate instead as she said I'd be more like a dancing elephant!!