Jul 29, 2010

Future Fire Fighters

Sorry if I've been a little picture heavy lately...I have a lot to share!  I'm sure to be back to my usual "I don't have pictures because I forgot my camera" self before long.

We took our vacation in the Texas Hill Country this year.  We had an amazing time, but the kids got to start their vacation a few days early with my in-laws while Clint and I were still working.

One of their adventures, I really wish I could have gone with them on.

Clint's step dad works with someone who is also a volunteer firefighter.

My kids got to go on their own private tour of a fire station, ride on the truck and even spray the hoses.

I am so jealous!  At least they got some great pictures!



10 comments:

Ian said...

Great pics especially the last one!

Jenn said...

How fun!!!! I know they had a great time...firemen are always good to kids! :)

blueviolet said...

That is so cool! It's amazing how strong the water force on those hoses is. He's handling it though, your tough little guy.

Yankee Girl said...

I remember visiting a firestation when I was young. It was so cool!

Great pics...I like picture posts!

shortmama said...

So much fun! My mom works at a fire station so my girls get to go play on the trucks and stuff every time we go to her work and they love it!

Mamarazzi said...

FUN!!! we have my nephews for a week starting Friday and touring the local fire dept and police dept is on the list of things we are doing.

these pics are darling!!

RN Mama said...

How awesome! I bet my kids would have loved that:) Great pictures!

Erin said...

My kids did that, too (we live right by the fire station)! They didn't get to turn on any hoses though (but they are much smaller/younger). The firemen were so nice and they loved getting to sit in the truck, check out all the stuff, and they even got hats to take home! Cute pics!

Amy said...

OMG! So fun!! My son would LOVE to do something like that! Everytime we pass a fire truck, all I hear is "FI TRU"

(We're working on the other syllables;)

Loving all the pics!

JennyMac said...

They both look adorable! Love the pics Cara.