Jul 27, 2010

Mama and Daddy Bring Home the Bacon

But now, maybe we don't have to.

I had a big surprise while we were on vacation.

My prissy little girl, who only wants to wear clothing from Justice, and is a diva in her own right...

Is an excellent fisher-girl.  While wearing Justice!

Now, she won't worm her own hook (we will have to work on that), but she put everyone else's catch to shame.  Including her Papa.

Our last night at the lake house we had a fish fry.  There was enough to feed all 6 of us.  Twice.  And the majority of it, was Angelique's catch.

Papa caught a few, Christian caught a few.  I caught 1 that was too small to keep.

She can't wait to go fishing again (as long as she doesn't have to eat more than a bite or two of her catch).

Angelique with her very 1st catch!

The biggest catch of the week - a blue cat
(that she was afraid to touch)

Christian's first catch


We actually required her to have a bite of fish for every fish she caught.

7 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Yum! Fresh fish...
pan fried for me please!

Salt said...

Wow! Go Angelique! I love fishing, but have never caught a thing in my life. She's amazing!

And I don't blame her...I'm bad with the worms too. :)

PS. I'm putting your earrings in the mail first thing in the morning! Thank you so much!

shortmama said...

She is awesome!

Amy said...

Love when the girls outshine the boys at something non-girly;)

MiMi said...

What a cute little fisher girl!!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I've always loved fishing since my dad took me the first time when I was 4 - it took me a long time to worm my own hook, though. ;) She should be very proud of her awesome catches! :)

WW: Birthday Celebration

Erin said...

Cara,

your daughter is braver than I! I cannot touch a fish. Too scary. I also feel like I'm hurting them. I still eat fish, but if I had to catch them myself, I'd be fully vegetarian....

Your kids are so cute. And your comment on my blog blew me away this morning and made me cry and----I was so sad that I didn't get to meet you when I was in Houston with Lee....

love you and THANK YOU.
xoxoxoxo