Nov 16, 2010

Wedding Day Circa 2002

What you may have missed...

Love at First Dance?
The One That Wasn't Meant to Be - Cara 
Photographic Evidence
The One That Wasn't Meant to Be - Clint
So We Meet Again
Starting Over
1200 Miles From Home

Clint and I approached our wedding the way we do most things in our lives.  This was our special day, and if someone didn't like that we were having a wedding while I was 7 months pregnant, well then they could just suck it and not come.  Our wedding was to be a reflection of us as individuals and as a couple.  We would never have pulled it off however, with out the help of family.  Especially Clint's mom who made both my dress and all my bridesmaids dresses.  And since they were all in a renaissance style, I convinced Clint and the groomsmen to wear puffy shirts.  I stopped short at the tights though and let them wear black jeans.  It would have been really funny though!

Clint and the boys spent the morning cutting up and generally annoying Clint's sister Misty (who helped out so much and did most of the decorating with the help of my bridesmaids) by throwing roll of tape across the pavilion.  They got so out of hand she finally told them to leave!  They ended up coming to the house to pick up the flowers.  When Jeremy (groomsman and Clint's childhood friend) opened the door to the house, the cat Pepe ran out.  So he called to my mother-in-law..."Your pussy's loose!"  He has yet to live that one down.

While all this was going on, I was in the final stages of getting myself ready.  I was starting to worry a bit since my bridesmaids had not made it back yet from setting up (and didn't until 45 minutes until it was time to leave).  I really started freaking out when everyone was getting ready to leave and my dad, my ride hadn't made it there yet.  Of course I started crying and make up had to be re-touched, but it all worked out.  My dad made it there and we were off to make my grand entrance.  I arrived in style in a Z-28 T-top Camero and walked down an aisle of motorcycles to my love waiting for me in his puffy shirt.

The ceremony itself was my least favorite part of our day.  We had decided to keep it short and it was only 15 minutes long, but during that 15 minutes the pastor talked about giving money  to the church no less than 4 times.  We had chosen to use a pastor from Clint's parents church since we weren't established at one at that point.  This was one of those mega-churches and they were in the process of breaking ground on a bigger and better facility.  We were not impressed and my in-laws stopped going to that church shortly there after.

When the ceremony was over it was time to have a party!  We had brisket and turkey legs for everyone to eat.  We danced with each other, our parent and our friends.  And then everyone at once.  I probably didn't sit down for more that five minutes the entire evening and that was to eat.

We left to go to our hotel around 10 happy and exhausted (and starving).  We ordered room service and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding while Clint spent a good 30 minutes pulling pins out of my hair.

We didn't get to go on a honeymoon, we had to be back to help Clint's sister move the next day and I had to be back at work on Monday.  We have since made up for it with all of our trips and travels.



Clint, I just want to let you know how much I truly love you.  We have hit some bumps along the road in our 8 years of marriage, but nothing like the obstacles we faced in the beginning.  I cannot imagine what my life would be like without you in it.  I would certainly be less fashionable and likely would have buckled under with many of the issues from my family.

You are my provider, lover and best friend.  I cannot wait to see what the next years hold in store for us.

I love you!

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

What a great story. I'm glad you had the wedding that represented the two of you. We also had one night in a hotel, partied with friends and back to work on Monday! :-)

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I'm so glad that you got the wedding you wanted. I hate when people complain about what they don't like when its your day. Congrats on 8 years.

Amy said...

I just caught up on the last 4 installments! Such a great story. And I really love how both of you, after 8 years, are in love with each other more than ever.

Having your spouse as your best friend is wonderful. So glad you shared your story with us:)

Mamarazzi said...

aww i love the little footnote to this post!! pure sweetness!

shortmama said...

What a great story you guys have had!